What is a Slow Roll?
A typical Detroit Slow Roll
My first experience with a Slow Roll was listening to one of the founders of the Detroit Slow Roll talk about it. People riding through a neighbourhood they may never have been in but knew was part of their city.
“In 2010 Jason and Mike thought it would be cool to do a leisurely bike ride for all age groups through a different neighbourhood every week. What started with two people and a few friends has turned into a ride of hundreds and then thousands of people exploring neighbourhoods they might not have ever been through.”
Downtown Slow Roll Eagle Place Slow Roll Grand River Loop Slow Roll
I thought this was an awesome idea and want to bring it to Brantford.
Each week, we will explore a different neighbourhood in Brantford and Brant County. I hope you’ll join us! Bring your bike and your friends. Please be sure your bike is ready to ride.
Want to see a video about Detroit’s Slow Roll? Click here
Our plan is to ride as long as weather permits and when weather permits. These are easy rides, a slow roll. Ride routes are subject to change.
Rides start at 7PM. Ride leaders will arrive at 6:45 to confirm or take registrations.
Sign up here.
- Tuesday 29 June – Holmedale – Cancelled due to weather conditions
- Tue 06 July – Holmedale – Under the Government of Ontario’s Stage Two re-opening plan, this event is limited to 25 riders.
- Tue 13 July – Eagle Place – Cancelled due to impending weather
- Tue 20 July – Eagle Place – 7pm, 1100 Clarence Street, Clarence Street entrance
- Tue 27 July – Downtown Brantford – 7pm. Meet at City Hall parking lot.
- Tue 03 August – Grand River Loop – 7pm, 366 Grand River Ave, unit 2.
- Tue 10 Aug – No ride this week
- Tue 17 August – Cancelled due to weather
- Tue 24 August – Echo Place
- Tue 31 August – Shellard Lane – meet at 360 Conklin Rd, Tim Horton’s
- Tue 07 Sept – Cancelled/Rained
- Tue 14 Sept – Cancelled due to impending weather
- Tue 21 Sept – Eagle Place V2 – meet at 50 Market Street South, Tim Horton’s
- Tue 28 Sept – Holmledale V2 – meet at 120 Morrell St
- Tue 05 Oct – Brantford’s North Ward (William St area) – meet at upper parking lot of BCI, 120 Brant Avenue.
- Tue 12 Oct – TBA
- Tue 19 Oct – TBA
- Tue 26 Oct – TBA
Jason and Mike have registration and a waiver for their bike ride so we do too. To help us start the ride on time, please complete this on-line registration and event waiver before coming to the ride. Each time you register for a ride, your name will be entered int o a draw sponsored by TK Liquidation for an iGo e-bike. Thank you!
This event is free to the public as Heron Head Bikes pays the insurance for the event. The insurance company requires all riders to register so we know who you are in case of an emergency. Like many things in life, riding your bike does involved some risk. You are responsible for your bike and yourself. It’s going to be great.